View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Can I use .Net v4.0?

I haven't played around with VS2010 yet, but from what I've dug up, it doesn't support WM6 development. The WM6 OS uses a different version of the .NET framework called the .NET Compact Framework (v2.0 or v3.5), which isn't not supported in VS2010. The WM6 SDKs are free to download, but (again, from what I've read) VS2010 doesn't supprt them.

With MS going in the direction of Windows Phone 7, it seems they weren't too concerned with supporting WM6 development anymore. VS2008 Professional is available for a 90 day trial period if you want to get your feet wet in mobile development.

If I'm wrong in any of these, then anyone is free to post up!

Hope that helps!