View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/13/10

FOR ROOTED EVO's
Want to backup and restore your Sense theme post flash of a new ROM?
Use Titanium Backup.
Scroll down to the HTC section of options (it's alphabetical) and there you'll find

[DESKTOP] HTC Sense 1.00

If your Sense UI is set up the way you want it, tap it then hit Backup!.
Post flash go back in and hit Restore. The program asks to kill Sense, you say "Yes" and then Sense restarts with everything set just the way you like it.
I tested this by wiping my device and following the steps.
THIS ONLY RESTORES SENSE SETTINGS-WALLPAPER, HOMEPAGE LAYOUT, WIDGETS, ETC.
You'll still need to go and restore your contacts, mail, etc.

This may be common knowledge for the Droid regulars but it was new to this Droid n00b and I thought I'd share.
Titanium Backup is great, I use it to back up my apps, my bookmarks, my non-google email accounts. There's a ton of other options I have yet to check out.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-15-2010 at 06:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.