View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Here is the info regarding getting the ROM added.
thx man, definitely want to get this working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
OMJ, from my understanding, If I add any apk to data--->app folder then it will automatically be installed when flashing the ROM (i noticed task killer, hz manager, titaniumbackup, rommanager, palringingo, queueman, and placeholder). So if I didn't want any of these programs, I can just delete them, correct?

With that train of thought, I noticed that the Amazon MP3 is in system-->app folder. Can I just delete the amazon mp3, twitter, facebook, friendstream, footprints, teeter, etc)?

Also, what is placeholder? and which file installs Sprint Hotspot?

Thanks - I figure the lighter the load on the phone, the snappier the phone.
I'm not sure that a lighter rom would result in snappier....

I have removed the statement I had on post #1 saying you can add/remove apks in the zip.

Here's why.....when cooking the rom, the zip gets "signed", when you add or remove anything, technically the zip file should be re-signed. As others have already reported, they have added or removed apks w/o issue, but fyi, this *may* cause issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Ok is anyone else experiencing the uhhhh well suckyness of 4G coverage. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area where it has been deployed for about 8 months and the speed is awesome when I can get a signal but when most of the time it just causes disconections when switching between 3g and 4g with wifi tether oh and I also haven't been able to get HTC sync to work. I wouldn't use it at all if anyone knew why my exchange account wont sync my calender.
were you having these same coverage issues on the stock rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Another happy wiper! Congrats! I've read instructions that recommend 2 wipes per each storage area.
We were talking about the wipe yesterday:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/member.php?u=279543

So in the immortal words of OMJ:
funny guy, lol

looks like I need to add wiping to FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
As usual, winmonewbie, thanks! I just want to remove a bunch of apps I know I will never use. I've noticed a few of them sporadically running when I'm killing tasks. As with Sprint Hotspot, I dont want to accidentally run it and incur charges. I figure that we have a new wifi app running within, why leave it on there?
I left the Sprint hotspot app, cause believe it or not, some ppl said they were paying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
Alarm not going off. Not sure why. Anyone else with this issue?
just tested, worked fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
Have been on vacation in New York for over a week and deprived of my new EVO sitting at home waiting. Finally rooted and flashed to your new rom OMJ. Must say, thanks again and congrats on being a MOD. Look forward to all your updates.
thx pyro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
I had my evo paired before i flashed omjs version 2 just wonderin if theres somethin in the rom thats preventing the phone to pair.
there shouldn't be anything changed in the rom that would affect pairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
So, I have been flashing back and forth between roms, so I have been wiping each time. Sense allows you to save your custom scene, but after a wipe and flash, the custom scene I save is gone. Where does this get saved? I assume not on the SD card since it gets wiped out. Any way to back this up and restore after wiping data?
it gets saved in the Data partition, and when a wipe is done, well u know what...sounds like titanium will help ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Flashed OMJ a couple of days ago...i've noticed it mentioned that wipe(s) between ROM flash may not be necessary...is it just for the "same" ROM...or flashing to other chefs' ROMs as well?

ON ROM manager...I had isses with it on my initial root and recovery process. But I've had no issues with the auto recovery as soon as I was on OMJ's.
from what I've read, it definitely best to wipe when going from one chef rom to another, but when going from one version of a chefs rom to another version, it may not be needed....but it's always recommended.