Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 AM
djg08642
Lurker

djg08642 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusio View Post
Good afternoon everyone. I had a strange experience with my new XV6800 (got it on 1/08/0. After playing with it for a few days and doing a couple of bluetooth oriented reg edits, my jawbone was not connecting on a regular basis I decided to do a hard reset. Ran my hard reset. Installed my programs. Got online via PIE. All was working well. Decided to make a call and received the following message:

"unable to authenticate your phone. If you continue to experience problems making calls, please call #8899 from your wireless phone."

So I called this number and it took me to "Account Investigations." The woman was very nice, called me on a landline.

Had me call ##778, edited "A-Key". Entered in 27 digit number. Saved, soft reset. Phone came up and I was able to call.

She said that Verizon had a lot of problems with allowing customers to hard reset their phone and that ALL customers will now have to call after a hard reset in order to authenticate their service. I told her I'd be calling several times a week since I break my phone alot. She laughed and said it was fine.

I don't use this phone to tether and it is on a business account in good standing. I decided to hard reset again to test her statement (about all customers having to do this). Sure enough, "unable to authenticate your phone. If you continue to experience problems making calls, please call #8899 from your wireless phone." Called #8899, they called me back on land line, verified my account info, told me to do a soft reset, phone worked fine. Did not have to run the ##778.

So, my long-winded question would be: Has anyone else experienced this on a hard reset or is it just me? This phone is not going to be as much fun to play with if this is actually the new Verizon policy.

Thank you for any help.
When I upgraded to WM6.1 I got the exact same error message and freaked out because I thought I screwed something up. I told the rep that I was positive all I needed was the A-Key but she actually informed me there was some roaming thing on my account that she turned off and my phone worked fine then.

It's a hassle but for built-in GPS and Rev A, it's definitely worth it.