View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 03:17 AM
EtherealRemnant
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone tried taking the drivers off the Titan for GPS yet?

Before someone goes off on me, the Titan actually has GPS drivers installed by the update... I just checked and under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver, the Titan now has drivers listed while the Touch does not.

I'm just curious if anyone has actually moved the DLLs and reconfigured the registry or if people are just resolving to it not being able to be done...

Anyway, I'm trying to get the drivers copied off the filesystem to the SD card but its not working very well. I found six drivers with GPS* in the Windows folder but Total Commander can't seem to copy or zip them. If anyone wants to help me figure this out, I have both devices in my possession and I think its possible to hack this. I don't believe that the radio ROM enabled the GPS, it was the drivers and associated registry entries.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 02-09-2008 at 03:37 AM.