View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Soundy
PPCGeeks Regular

Soundy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Soundy Send a message via AIM to Soundy Send a message via MSN to Soundy Send a message via Yahoo to Soundy Send a message via Skype™ to Soundy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
The thing is boils down to this... the phones they give away for free can send MMS but a phone that costs 300+ cant? Also how are they giving it away for free? It takes a plan or 15cents each. They all ready charge for it.
The only "reasoning" I could come up with for why Telus does the same thing, is that if they limit you to sending pictures by email, they can charge you extra for a data plan... but then, I just signed up for a promotional plan giving me unlimited data usage for $15/month, so that doesn't really make sense either... plus, the only way to the get Telus's "contract" pricing on any of these smartphones ($200 for the Titan with a 3-year plan, $300/$400 for two/one year contracts) is to get a data plan along with your regular airtime plan. So email being the only way to send pictures isn't really an enticement to get the data plan, as you don't have a choice with these phones.

And as you point out, one can just as readily go to a cheaper, "normal" phone that still does MMS... which is exactly why my wife did, took back the S720 and got a KRZR instead.