View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 11:07 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Auto Recovery Mode available - No PC needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
ok so i have omj's version 2 rom but i want to install version 3 do i just run rom manager or do i have to do something different?
This works great for Custom ROM to Custom ROM. Not so great on rooted Stock ROM. For that stick with the manual recovery method. FastRX8 has updated his original thread and his videos.

You can do it from ROM Manager. This is how I went from OMJ 1.2 to 1.3. It was flawless.
Put the OMJ 2.1 v1.3 zip on your SD.
Use ROM Manager to boot into Recovery.
If you dont have a backup-then backup v1.2--just in case. Select nandroid.
Wipe 2X-data/factory reset. I'm conservative here-the update from 1.2 to 1.3 was small so you'd probably be safe without wiping. Your call.
Select install zip from sdcard.
Enjoy the awesomeness.