Iguana775
PPCGeeks Regular

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Command thru BT a little flaky in 6.5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai uy B View Post
Voice command is acting a little bit odd, which it did not do on 6.1 stock. Not a major issue, but it is curious.

When VC reads a text message to me, it goes back and forth between headset and phone speaker. Most of the msg comes thru the headset but a syllable or two come thru the phone's speaker, then back to the headset for a few words, then back to the speaker for a syllable or two, then back to the headset for a few words.

As indicated in my profile, I'm on FF. Running "stock" except I have loaded shake 'n save, threaded MMS, and AIM Mobile v2.2. Trying to run "stock" for a little while so I can test FF before loading it up with a bunch of stuff that is sure to mess it up.

I have set VC to send all notifications thru my BT headset, using Settings>Other>Voice Command>Notiifications, and choosing "Announce notifications using Bluetooth hands free only"

Of course, we know VC has other problems which are beyond the scope of this thread, but this issue I am talking about did not exist in 6.1. I never had 6.5 installed, so I don't know how VC acts there. I may have to go to OF to find out. But it isn't enough to get me to change away from 6.5.5.

Curious if anyone else has had this happen, and, if so, has a solution.
wait, VC will read SMS? damn, wish I knew that earlier