View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:20 AM
shaggylive
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Setting TP2 GPS for assisted or non-assisted mode?

sorry I didn't respond earlier, I got distracted with newer info and been trying to do some testing before posting and my phone is my internet for now.

the above settings will force standalone mode. however if you want to be able to toggle then I believe "GPSMode" DWORD=2 allows this. so far my testing has confirmed this with CamerAwareBuddy (yes this has an aGPS toggle, just not positive if a reboot is actually required to turn it back off)

also it seems that EnableGPSSmartMode will only work if aGPS is on. it enables a two way assist where the phone sends info back to the tower and the tower returns a lock. otherwise the aGPS just gets a nearby soft lock that helps the internal chip with the math.

also back to the topic of quickgps; it will only use data when you tell it to. you do NOT have to use a PC although you can. you can even download the file to the storage card on a public pc and load it manually. a must have app in my book.
the gpsoneapp is the one that seems to always trigger an aGPS request.

this is how I have mine set currently and can toggle with CABuddy succesfully

[HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/SUPL AGPS]
"EnableGPSSmartMode" DWORD=1
"GPSMode" DWORD=2
"EnableAGPS" DWORD=0 (or 1 for ON)

Last edited by shaggylive; 06-12-2010 at 03:34 AM.