View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Setting TP2 GPS for assisted or non-assisted mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Found the answer to my own question turns out the answer been all right there in the Titan forum. There are several values under supl agps that can be changed (Add them if they are not there already)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS]
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000001
"TimeBetweenFixes"=dword:00000001
"NumberFixes"=dword:3B9AC9FF
"GPSMode"=dword:00000002
"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000001

This came straight from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=363431 I believe the titan section of ppcgeeks also have extensive information in a section on this.

At any rate the main entries of interest are the gpsmode, enableagps, and enablegpssmartmode

From what I gather, setting gpsmode to 1, enableagps to 0 and enablegpssmartmode to 0 will completely put gps into a standalone mode. This is confirmed when I changed to these values. Absolutely no data connection was initiated

The most assisted mode seems to be gpsmode 2 or 4 (from what i heard, 2 is slower than 4 but gives more accurate fix with 4 only availlable with sprint), enableagps to 1 and enablegpssmartmode to 1.

Much appreciate if anyone else knows more and want to comment.. Thnx
Good find! Glad you worked it out! Im sure other ppl traveling overseas will be glad to know this also.