View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
pavanmaverick
PPCGeeks Regular

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post My impressions of the ROM...

Just wanted to first say thank you for sharing your ROM. And here are my impressions after a day and a half of use.

Good:
1. Memory utilization is not too bad; and it seems pretty constant with use.
2. GPS lock is super fast!
3. Pretty base; not a whole lotta stuff on it. Allows for good user customization.
4. Very easy to use.
5. Very fast and responsive.
6. Decent battery life.

Glitches:
1. Manila tabs show up at unexpected times (screen shot).
2. Voicemail keeps sending me messages? Just for the fun of it? Seems to happen at each reset...(screen shot).
3. Issues with using the phone, when waking and unlocking.
4. Chinese characters in messaging (screen shot).
5. Weird resets and some general instability.
6. Inital set up was quite problematic. Had to Task29 and hard reset before everything came online. And initial set up takes a long time.
7. Issues with graphics (top taskbar) - see screenshot.

Suggestions:
1. Change font! Please!
2. Replace TaskFacade with ActionScreen/Launcher since we already have ArkSwitch.
3. Get pTaskXP to replace power switch.
4. A version with stock graphics would be nice.

On the whole, I think I will be ditching MaxSense ROMs. While the developer of MaxSense has obviously put a whole lot of work into it, and it is a pretty good interface, I am totally turned off by the level of control being exerted over its use. No cabs for it, and no EXTs to cook into your own ROM either. I'm not complaining; Max certainly has the right to do with his software what he pleases. Its just that I like my ROMs a particular way, set up just so (which is probably different from what everyone else likes!)... and I certainly don't expect the three chefs who have access to Maxsense to cater to my every whim and fancy. Which is why I like the ability to cook my own ROMs. So, for now, most likely, its adieu MaxSense. May we meet again....

This post has been thanked 1 times.