View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM
x4osw0n
N00b

x4osw0n is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

So I have uploaded a copy of my working version from my verizon 500 (XV6850):

http://drop.io/oibsgic

This one is almost good enough for daily use on this crippled phone (seriously, winmo itself isn't a hell of a lot more stable, especially with touchflo enabled). It does hang a bit, especially with regards to inbound calls, but I can receive calls, and do the whole thing. Wi-Fi works, and in fact 3g data works great (as I am writing this I am streaming music from Slacker, on my headset).

So, from what I can tell the big pieces left are: speed, stability and camera. Everything else is at least as functional as it is on the windows iteration of this phone (the gps has always been lackluster thanks to VZ). I am really curious if moving the development tree to 2.2 is going to be a boon to us on these older handsets since speed increases are the big deal there (JIT is a wonderful thing). But for now I will try spending as much time as I can in android since it feels so much more modern than the winmo interface.

Again, I can't thank you guys (Makkonen and Weapondrift) enough for the work on this. In the space of a couple days, android was promoted from a minor curiosity to a full fledged option.