View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Luzboss
N00b
Threadstarter

Luzboss is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mms working with sec. Unlocked cdma tp2 on gsm network!!!

ok here are a few issues i have noticed thus far...

1) Internet sharing seems to jack the settings up so dont try unless you are testing for a fix or you will probably have to hard reset and start all over

EDIT: found a solution to above problem. download attached ics and wmodem fix cab. this works for me using att. not sure about any other service providers though...

2) i used to use a reg cleaner that i never had a problem with in the past on previous devices but when i cleaned up the reg on the TP2, it also seemed to screw up the settings and required hard reset. so beware of using one.

3) For some reason PIE doesnt seem to want to connect. But the Opera 10 beta that is built in works just fine. so if someone could try and figure out as to why for PIE lovers (no pun intended), that would be great

4) Google maps functions. Loads maps, tracks GPS and searches just fine. But when i search for something, lets say a resturant, and i tap for options and click on "reviews" it says it cannot connect and to check my settings. it seems it wants to connect to a different server or something other than what it uses to download the maps... cant figure that one out either

other than that everything seems to work great. i will try and get a hold of expressyourcell and get him to chime in on this thread about his version of arcosoft.

i am more than willing to help and answer any quesions to anyone on here but be warned that i am very new to this and do not know much at all about roms, cabs, reg tweaks other than how to install them. so i will be of very little help there. im here to just let everyone know that i stumbled across this fix accidentally and i want to share it with everyone who has this same problem as a contribution to the community for all the help and great roms/hacks/tweaks that i have been provided.

oh and feel free to click thanks at the bottom.... hope to hear from everyone very soon!! im just as excited as you are!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICS and WModem Fix.cab (84.8 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
HARDSPL: 1.00 by Olinex

Last edited by Luzboss; 09-14-2010 at 03:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.