View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 AM
kvictor017
PPCGeeks Regular

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Max Sense Flopped & CHT's Brilliance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
I think people miss the point of MaxSense. it's not for the users who want practically the same Sense look. CHT has provided an enhanced version of Sense. MaxSense is not Sense. It has the Sense tabs available to you, but it's not Sense at all. I think people also miss that MaxSense is much much faster on the tp2 than co0kie's tab because of the fact that it doesn't use the Sense homescreen. Do people not realize you can access links and tabs from any screen because of the new two way switch at the bottom?

I also think people hate MaxSense because of the skin. That can be changed easily and I'm sure we'll see a new look soon. Don't forget MS is avaiable only by ROM and CHT is a cab install. That's another reason it didn't balloon up with excitement > I bet there are tons of people who haven't tried it for that reason alone.

I don't think this thread was necessary, sorry. People have different opinions, but this is just looking for arguments. I use CHT by the way, but I also like MaxSense. I think you're missing how impressive the mod itself is... quit looking at gfx and see what it truly can do.

I don't know man. From what I gathered when I tried MS out was that everything was all spread out. It actually took longer to reach the information I was looking for b/c I had to touch the phone twice vs it being a single quick swipe of my thumb. On top of that, some of the widgets were unresponsive and you had to press a hole through the screen just to get to things like txt messages and email.

Now granted, max sense is noticeably faster, but I'm not sold on its functionality yet. It just hasn't come together for me....not yet.

Oh and I disagree on this thread looking for arguments. Yeah the header is a bold statement, but that's what drew my attention and honestly I want to hear more opinions on this. Honestly I think whats being said here is what a lot of people thought but didn't say. Nothings wrong with that. Developers who love their work should look for stuff like this so they can make their projects that they love better.
This post has been thanked 2 times.