View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:49 AM
izzyforreal
PPCGeeks Regular

izzyforreal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: An EVO rant

OK, I'm presenting another viewpoint, and I welcome anyone to challenge me on anything I say, as I'd love to have a solution, but here goes: 1. The keyboard sucks huge. The little keyboard on the TP2 is 10 times more accurate. I find myself typing one letter at a time and looking to the top of that huge screen to see what letter I'm going to get. 2. While voice in Google search works fine, it appears voice dialing through BT is non-existent. Furthermore, the voice dialing directly through the microphone is useless. The recognition is terrible, and there is no confirmation back like in WM. 3. It appears that there is NO application to sync with any personal finance program, such as Quicken. Mint is a joke. Why should I use Mint to pull down yesterday's data from my bank when I can get immediate data directly from the bank's website. I want a program that will allow me to enter transactions when on-the-go, and then sync those transactions back to my PC. I did this on my TP2 syncing with MS Money. That's the worst of it, I really love the screen, the excellent web browsing with Flash and a lot more. But dialing by voice is essential for me, and should be for anyone else that sometimes uses their phone while driving. And it just takes too much time to input accurate text. I will most likely return it in the 30 trial and exchange it for an HD2. It sucks, I really wanted it to work, because I got a great deal at Radio Shack and my CO gets a 25% discount with Sprint, but the phone just isn't working for me.