View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
kvictor017
PPCGeeks Regular

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Max Sense Flopped & CHT's Brilliance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodurrah View Post
Now Im still trying to give it time. But maxsense is just a free spb shell...I have to say its a flop so far. I have seen that Energy and others have tried to spruce it up but I mean these CHT updates are killing max sense. I tried max sense three different roms and updates from both energy and from big max sense...but its just not convenient and even if I wanted to take the time to fully customize all those home screens it still wouldnt be enough to sway me from regular 2.5 w/ CHT, especially with the addition of CHT 1.8 and the new rolling home screen...NICE! Cookie is smart as hell...I know they got mad stuff up their sleeve ready to roll out but they're just like Apple tryna give us just enough to stay hungry for more... I bet you on CHT 1.9 or 2.0 there will be moving home screens like android and they will effectively make the move to adroid moot. cookie shoulda been hired by microsoft. Oh yea and Max sense try to look less child like and fun andd bubbly...Come out with widgets that are dope looking and have ridiculous customization...even come out with the same time and weather with analog that regular sense has...Simple

I'm not being impatient I know its only been a couple of weeks but what I saw in the six teaser videos is not what I got. This is not putting you down whoever made it just a challenge...Who am I to challenge no one...but still, step it up boy!!

I can't say i disagree with that. I kind of feel the same way. MaxSense on release didn't meet up to the hype....frankly at all in my opinion. But I know these guys do good work so I'm willing to give it time and download every so often as it gets better. As was said earlier, I felt the same way about Cookie Home Tab when it first came out. And look at what a beast it is now!

I also understand that this is a free product, but I think his dissatisfaction is warranted. So much expectation and hype was put into this and people (including myself) were on pins and needles waiting for the hottest thing since sliced bread to drop...and it dropped....more like a stale biscuit....lol (i'm kidding it wasn't that bad, i think) but c'mon, can you really blame anyone for being just a little bothered by that?

But like I said I know these guys do good work (ie BigCookie....love it. I wish it weren't discontinued. it really is a good rom) So I'll just kick back and enjoy the ride, and wait for MaxSense to get better. I say wait until MaxSense is more developed before you compare to CHT. I also say don't hate on wodurrah b/c he said something you don't like. He wasn't even disrespectful. Just speak ur mind respectfully and keep it moving. 2 cents deposited......

Last edited by kvictor017; 06-09-2010 at 10:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.