View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpucillo74 View Post
Congrats on MOD status bro! Sorry if this is a super noob question but will this ROM wipe my data clean? I am new to Android, another refugee from the WinMo camp, and the flashing process is totally different. If this has been discussed already please don't flame me because I am out the door on my way to work and haven't searched too thoroughly. Thanks and it's cool to see some names in the forum from the TP2 rooms
Yup, clean as a whistle. Actually YOU wipe the device pre-flash to ensure a clean install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintevo View Post
Thanks OMJ for the ROM.
I did install the latest 1.2 version of the rom.
How do I install the sprint Navigation. I know that you have included the apps in the first page, but I am a complete n00b. Do I put the apps in SD card and then run in recovery mod as I flashed the ROM or just installing it in SD card will work?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, just extract the Sprint Nav apk (Droid version of a .cab file) to your card. Then once up and running, open Adroid Mate (included in the ROM) which has a file explorer feature. Navigate to the program on your card, click and you're golden.
Cool thing about Android is you can add/delete apk's from the Chef's zip BEFORE you flash so it gets installed at the get go. Just have to put in in the right folder. Not 100% positive of the path, it's been talked about though,
I'll go see if I can find it and edit this post.
Hope that helps.

EDIT: OK, got it (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) you can put an apk in System>app folder and it should set up with the flash. Or just do it post flash like I said above.

@OMJ-Thanks again Bruddah! Been running smoof all day! Congrats on your Mod status. So you can Mod your own thread? How dope is that?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-09-2010 at 06:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.