View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
tvandyck7
Regular 'Geeker

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A few questions/annoyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
Hello,

first off, i'm coming from a long time winmo user and this is my first android device. i love this device but i have a few questions/complaints.

1. In my contacts under "people" it only shows the names and numbers of the people i entered (which is what i want). however if go to create a new text message and start typing a name. it auto-populates contacts from my facebook and everyone i ever emailed in my gmail account. how do i get rid of that?? i went to settings->sync and made sure sync contacts is disabled on both facebook and gmail.

2. why do programs i never use run in the background? how do i make it stop? i have advanced task killer and every few hours i go look and i have a long list of programs running. like qik (which i never launched), sprint navigation, foot prints etc. i go kill all task, a few hours later, everything is back again!

3. is it possible to remove/add home screens. i mainly just want to remove the sprint music page. and perhaps maybe add other home screens later on.

4. is it possible to organize all my apps? right now when i go into the apps menu, every single app is just listed there without any kind of organization other than by alphabetical order. can i create folders and put all games in there, certain apps in one folder and other apps in another folder? the current list is big enough already, when i install more apps later on, its gonna be even more cluttered.
I have a Droid running 2.1 so I will try to help since the OS is pretty much the same.

1.) I have no idea as I have never had this issue. Maybe they sync'd before you disable syncing with FB and email.
2.) Android is much different than WM in this area. It manages apps as it sees fit. You can download ATK(Advanced Task Killer) to kill them, but many of them will come right back. It has been proven that there is no advantage or benefit from killing apps/tasks. It actually is a step in the other direction because it takes the time and energy to start them back up on its own.
3.) This is EVO specific, so I can't help you there.
4.)Download "App Organizer". You can then manage your apps and organize them into foldersand subfolders. You can make groups as well. You can also past the folders on your homescreens to reduce clutter from individual apps.

Hope this helps some.
This post has been thanked 1 times.