djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.5 23569 05/12/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm2576 View Post
I've made two observations since my last post. 1. I turned off everything that auto-updates except the weather (it's on a 3 hr cycle) and that seems to have helped. Also, I believe something I'm using has a memory leak. It will degrade to the point where all I'll have open is Opera and the phone will bring up the out of memory window where my only options are "Opera" and "Phone". The stuff I use most often are Slacker, Kinoma, HTC Peep, & Opera. Has anyone else experienced problems with any of these programs? (I'm just trying to narrow it down.)

As always Drel, please don't view my posts as complaints. Love the ROM.
I'm fairly convinced it's Opera being culprit for me memory-wise. Especially if it pulls a disappearing act on you (crashes suddenly), I find that to be a good time to soft-reset . I'll be in Opera sometimes and get the "out of memory, close a tab" message and it's right, the device will be over 95-96% utilized. Closing Opera brings it down into the low 80s/high 70s.

I've gotten into the habit of closing Opera when I'm done surfing, it seems to keep things mostly stable, even if you do have to wait a few seconds to launch it again next time