PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting & Themes-The Basics Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardobus View Post
Well once you downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0.1 you'll install a rom that is based on 2.1 or 2.2 so don't let the downgrade turn you against anything. You only go back to 2.0.1 so that you can root, then you upgrade again.

I'm not sure which guide you are following but if you are on stock 2.1 then your first step would be using RSD Lite and flashing a .sbf file. Have you done this yet?
Actually, yes. I plugged in my Droid, went into bootloader phone, RSD Lite detects the phone-but when I go to click start it ends the operation. Is it supposed to give me all the info about my phone too? Like the ESN and all that? Because it says N/A next to every input field.

Just my luck, can't even get past the first step.

Edit:
I've even tried different versions of RSD and every time I get "Failed flashing process." and the result field says "FAIL". It doesn't give me me ESN, Software version, Flex version-none of that. It just says N/A for each field. And yes, I do have the SBF file uploaded to RSD so I don't think that's the problem.

Edit AGAIN:
I finally got it working! I'm rooted at 2.1! FINALLY. Now, I have installed ClockWorkMod and I've tried to install the new Froyo Rom but when it goes through the update process in recovery mode it goes too fast for me to read anything, and then takes me back to the recovery menu. I select reboot now and it makes me log into google just as if it was a new phone.

But, the rom I loaded did not actually load? It's the same as before-almost as if it took a backup that I created and just installed that instead. Any help?

Last edited by xxmillertimexx; 06-08-2010 at 03:58 PM.