View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 PM
jsgross
PPCGeeks Regular

jsgross is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼NEW WIDGETS-23563 ROMs UP!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
Had an interesting day with max sense. Changed to the new one last night, woke up this morning and the phone was off. Turned it on and it looked like it had just been through a hard reset. Spent the whole day with it hard resetting. I am going to reflash the stock rom and then do it again to see if it works out for me.
I've been in love with this rom but I have had constant trouble. This morning after a reset, I couldn't get it past the "loading OS" screen. After finally doing that I had to do a hard reset. I loaded my contacts in an today, with no other apps loaded, had it behave very poorly. Expecially with opera. I was ready to give up and try another rom, till I read up on Task 29. I know Big says that he never used it, but I wanted to try one more time. My previous rom was Energy, (hated all the key vibrations). I did Task 29 and reloaded BigMaxSense. Except for screens not swiping after setting up email (requiring a soft reset), I am good. As the email was setting up, I tried to play with something else and possibly this hung up the swipe screens. So far..so good. Memory is at 16%, 2 hours after loading rom. The rom is still fast. Big, if you don't want people obsessing over memory, get that widget off the home screen.

I'll run with this for a few days(hopefully) before I start to add in programs.. Though, I didn't see anyone mention it, I wonder if the Beta version of opera was contributing to my problems. In the first release I had installed a non-beta version of Opera10. Maybe this left some ghosts around. I'll try and keep everyone posted as I would like this rom to work. Flashing is fun, but at the end of the day, the phone needs to be stable and dependable.

JSG