View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 AM
suntopper
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/3/10 V9.2 (23563) Roms in 7 Colors Themes with Matching Dialer,XDA_UC

OK, so it's been a very eventful evening LOL

First I flashed the v9.2 and Bing worked fine. Not sure what the issue was with 9.1 and if I have time I'll flash back to reconfirm (but I know I didn't imagine those error messages (I think)). Maybe it has something to do with Bing being cooked in (but I doubt it since it worked on v3.2). Anyway, the verizon.cab file in v9.2 is tjelite's mms provisioning file. I took that file and added registry entries to provision the keyboard and favorites key. To test it, I renamed the file to verizon.cab and moved it into the windows directory before provisioning. I then went into the tools folder and ran carrier provisioning. Everything seems to be working.

I included the v3.2 verizon.cab for your archives (just in case). Since I didn't use it, there are some things that didn't get provisioned. Unless someone is roaming or planning on going to Europe I don't think it will matter.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ST verizon.cab (1.81 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 32Verizon.cab (3.34 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!