View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTYDO View Post
Did you ever find out if there is a way to tether our evo with out having internet on our labtop and or computer????
Thanks
Wifi Tethering works perfectly. You do have to root to use it though. The unrevoked site is super easy. Takes about 5secs and does everything for your.

Here's the thread w/ the working wifi tethering app (no work around needed) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1797585

Here's the link to the developers site. Use a barcode scanner to download.
http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...4.apk&can=2&q=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTYDO View Post
Oh and without rooting our evo?
Must be rooted to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I havent had alot of time to play w/ EVO & customizing, but more updates will come. I plan on removing the Sprint crap & possibly Sense (though personally I like it).

any other suggestions? I'm still learning too, so bare w/ me

Has anyone tried a different wifi tether app?
As far as customizations, I'd wouldn't mind getting rid of the Sprint stuff, but I really like Sense UI. People can disable if they don't like it. And, unlike the diamond, space really isn't an issue. Otherwise, you'll end up maintaining several types of roms for 1 device again.

Wifi tethering works. See my response to SCOTTYDO
This post has been thanked 2 times.