View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:55 PM
phaze
PPCGeeks Regular

phaze is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone NOT getting insurance for their new Evo?

Just to clarify with the best buy insurance.

Only with Blackberries will they swap in-store and on the spot. With all other phones, they will be sent off to their repair center which can take 14-30 days.

Trust me, I just waited almost a month and a half for my replacement phone.

I fell for their sales pitch about "brand new replacement phone in store", almost two years ago when I got my Touch Pro on my SERO plan.

Fast forward to April, my touch pro legitimately broke, and I took it to best buy for a replacement. They said they had to send it off for repair, and if they cannot repair it, I can get a new phone. I finally heard back 28 days later, that I was approved for a phone. Well I was sort of in a bind because they don't carry the Touch Pro 2's in store's and none of the other smart phones can be activated on my $50 SERO plan. (Keep in mind that I had a shitty loaner phone from them that they made me pay $150 deposit).

Long story short, I ended up waiting an extra week or two for them to stock the BBerry Bold, and I ended up switching plans, but was able to add my employers discount, bringing my plan to 53.99.

After getting the bold, the best buy rep asked me if I wanted their insurance. That's when they told me that only with blackberries will they swap on the spot, no repair center. I thought about it, but passed because I am sure I'll get a different phone other than a blackberry later this year when my 2 year upgrade kicks in. Luckily, Houston has 4G so I am anxious to see what kind of phones will be available this September.

Last edited by phaze; 06-06-2010 at 11:02 PM.