View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
marinemissez
PPCGeeks Regular

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone NOT getting insurance for their new Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evo View Post
A little off topic ... I've been debating on whether or not I should keep this Best Buy insurance for $9.99/mo or switch to Sprints insurance for $7.99/mo. I think if the phone breaks, BB gives you a brand new one ... while Sprint will probably only give you a refurbished one. The plus side with the Sprint plan, is that they cover lost or stolen phones. The BB plan doesn't. Anyone have any suggestions? I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this question.
I would suggest going with TEP. I've read the other responses and saw the 2 different experiences with BB, but it seems like a YMMV situation.

Look at it this way; If something should happen to your phone and you have TEP, if there aren't any refurbs you get a brand new one. If there are refurbs, you have to wait at most, what, 2 days? I personally think it's just an ease of mind having TEP.

The downfall to taking TEP now however, is your coverage won't start for 20 or 30 days I believe. Or it may start, but the soonest you can make a claim is 20 days out. It's in the TEP brochure and possibly on Sprint's site.
If you go with TEP, I say keep the BB for another month then cancel. Yeah you're paying for insurance twice, but it beats a lapse in coverage.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!