View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Dr. Evo
PPCGeeks Regular

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone NOT getting insurance for their new Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoard View Post
Hmm, I haven't heard that, but I'll look into it. I need to call about my discount for my credit union so I'll ask about that when I call. I don't believe they would ever force insurance on people because it's always been optional, but you never know. I think regardless of how much the phone costs it should be up to the owner if they want insurance. I'll probably cave and get insurance just in case. Knowing my luck this will be the one phone that gets destroyed one way or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
For those of you that don't want the Sprint TEP insurance, you might have gotten it without even asking for it.

Personally, I wanted it, so I told the employee helping me to make sure and add the $7 TEP insurance, and he told me that it was required for the EVO, and that he couldn't even activate the phone without having the insurance on the plan.

Since I wanted the insurance anyway, I don't know (or really care) if what the store employee told me was correct or not, but it might be worth checking on for those of you that don't particularly want it.
I'm not sure what crackerjack salesman told you that. When I purchased my phone at BB, they ASKED me did I want their insurance. I asked them what to do if I wanted the Sprint TEP. They informed me I would have to go to a Sprint Store to have it added. I had chose not to get the BB insruance, that would have been it. No further issues. My phone still would have been activated.