View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shipped ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
okay i'm tryin to go back to stock but everytime i update with the ruu it said unkown error, I just wanna start from scratch, anyone know wut to do???
try extracting the rom.zip from the .exe, then copy to sdcard & flash like a custom.....not sure if it will work, but give it a try.

Follow these instructions to find the rom.zip:

Quote:
The shipped ROM can be found in three different formats. Identify the type you have downloaded:
  • If the shipped ROM is in a .ZIP format, then simply copy it to the kitchen's original_update folder.
  • OR if the shipped ROM consists of system.img and boot.img files, then copy those two files to the kitchen's original_update folder.
  • OR if the shipped ROM is in an .EXE format, then do the following:
    1. In Windows, run the shipped ROM's .EXE file till it gets to the first dialog. Stop there but don't close the window yet.
    2. Go to Start->Run and type: %TEMP%
    3. When the folder opens, search for Rom.zip (use the "magnifying glass" Search button)
    4. Copy Rom.zip to your kitchen's original_update folder