View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Enable faster data... anyone ever get this to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schick79 View Post
Primarily I was referring to actually syncing Outlook. When I hooked up my TP2 to the older computer running XP and ActiveSync 4.5, I transferred the ROM and it seemed like it was instant. In fact, it transferred so fast, I actually checked the phone to make sure it was there because I didn't even think it worked. LOL Then I realized I never disabled the fast connection and it worked in that setting. So, that's all I was wondering about. Why does the fast setting work on older OS's, and what about the newer OS's makes it not work that way? Is there something that can be changed to get it to work?

But yes, I do sync music/files to the SD card too. That is a great idea that I never thought about, so I will definitely do that from now on for transfers to the SD card.

Actually, on a related note, what would be faster: USB cable and disk drive mode with fast data enabled, or using an SD card reader?

Thanks!
ummm theyd be the same??? faster data sync is for AS, not for Disk drive mode