View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:06 AM
AYSIANA
PPCGeeks Regular

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Contacts and calendar from WinMo to Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Okay, I got the contacts perfectly imported into gmail. Contacts, contact picture, all fields (addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc) catagories, and the contact notes. Here is how I did it...

#1: Install Outlook on the computer. The Touch Pro 2 disk has a 60 day trial, so I just used that.
#2: Tried to sync the Touch Pro 2 via ActiveSync on my XP netbook (where I installed Outlook) but kept having problems. I ended up removing the Google Sync exchange server (via activesync) from my phone. It didn't work properly anyway (no catagories) so just removed it. I then hit help and check for updates in Outlook, and installed all the updates.
#3: Now my phone successfully synced via activesync and Outlook had all of my contacts.
#4: In Outlook hit file, Import and Export, Export to a file. Select Comma Seperated (Windows) and export it.
#5: Go into gmail and import that file into contacts.
#6: Now all of my contacts were there, with all the fields, and even the catagories. The only problem is the pictures weren't there.
#7: Then I set up the Google Synce (exchange server) with the info here:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299
#8: After setting up the Google Sync, did a send/receive on my phone.
#9: After the send/receive completed, all of my contacts on gmail had pictures, and still had the catagories and everything else.

I will update the first post to make it easier for anyone reading this thread...
I think you did alot of extra work for nothing...it worked just fine for me without all the extra steps.

I followed the directions here: http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299 to the tee except one thing is a little different, the first window that popped up on my phone didn't say "server address", it said "email address" and the next button was grayed out until I unchecked the SSL box. Then I clicked next and got to the screen as shown on the Google Sync tutorial. I followed the rest of the steps and was done in about 5 minutes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.