View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 02:15 AM
TheBundo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: best post done using text to speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
ha very good idea for a thread... will served to show accuracy and also for entertainment.

i think you just have to keep talking without any gaps to avoid getting cut off. i found that to be a good thing cuz i hate when voice recognition takes forever to start translating.

anyway i won't post here again till my evo gets here.
I tried the rapid talking, but got cut off anyway. I think I "may" have seen a timer setting for it somewhere early on, but can't find it. Maybe not. Where's that user guide......

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaya View Post
sweet has anyone tried this using a bluetooth?
No, because it's on a number from Google, and I still need my TP2 till I get it switched over. I guess I could have done it, and switched back, but too late now. Oh, I'm cheating on this post and using my laptop.

2 things about the voice to text, other than the timing/cut-off. First, it doesn't capitalize the first word in a sentence UNLESS that sentence follows one where you said "period". This even includes the first sentence you say, it's not capitalized. Maybe there is a command for that. Notice in a post I made a few back, the one with the smiley face at the end. That was all done with the V-to-T, and the 2nd sentence got capitalized because I said "period" at the end of the first sentence. So unless there is another command, you may have to start out with a "period" lol

Secondly, it doesn't capitalize the word "I", even though the onscreen keyboard automatically does.