View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 PM
sanjsrik
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question CSR at Sprint store said I cannot get insurance on my Evo if I buy at radioshack

I went to a Sprint store today and asked if I bought a phone at RadioShack AND I already have insurance on my existing TP2, will that insurance ($7.00/month) transfer over to my new Evo plan.

I explained that I'm on SERO and that I know I'll be transferring to a higher plan. Guy even looked up my account and said the following:

"You cannot get insurance if you don't buy the phone through us."

1. Is this true?
2. Calling Sprint CS on the phone, they told me no, as long as I have insurance on my account now, it transfers over to my new account so long as I'm just renewing.

So, which is it? Yes, insurance is still on my new plan or no, it won't transfer over because I didn't buy the phone from Sprint?

Very confused and would appreciate any expert insights here. I'm leaning toward going with what I was told on the phone as opposed to the CSR in the Sprint store.

The reason I even thought about this is because when I first got my TP2, they forgot to put insurance on the phone and I had to go to a repair center to show the phone to a tech who verified that it was still in working condition and that I wasn't trying to insure to make a claim.