View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
kymikes
PPCGeeks Regular

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Big, following up on my comments from yesterday. I re-flashed using Stock instead of Color. The 2nd time through was much easier - love this ROM even more. I am not sure how much of this is that I got the learning curve out of the way or whether there is a difference starting from Stock. Some key points:
1. Am not having any problem with "flicking" the Home Icon. Can't tell that I am doing anything different - just works
2. I withdraw my request for a 'lock' icon on the Home screen. With Autolock, it just isn't needed. Much easier to turn phone upside down.
3. With the move to 6 'program links', it would still be nice to be able to link to a contact, not just a program. Max refers to the "75 + 3" in the other thread but they aren't really the same.
4. Don't really understand the issue with the arrow (or chevron) on either side of the Home Icon. This makes sense (no pun intended) to me and works fine. I am NOT having any issue with the sensitivity here either.
5. I am seeing 25 - 47 MB of free memory after using the phone for several hours. Not truly typical use as I am spending far more time playing rather than using (better or worse???)
6. Strictly my curiosity (since it appears you are trying to reduce the # of ROM's supported) but wouldn't it be easier on you to have a user provisioning built in so you wouldn't need a different ROM for each carrier? Mighty (and others I think) have done this with success. Just puzzled.
7. Would a Stock ROM be better or worse when user 'colorized' w/ your cabs than the Color ROM (6.5.x)? It seems that it working a bit better since I flashed Stock and applied the cab's (but a few others have commented that flashing a 2nd time is better). Just curious since I thought cooking in the color mods would have more efficient.

All in all, a great ROM with many signs of just getting better. Thanks to you and Max (and the many others) who put this all together. Fantastic!! You and Max must have developed 'thick' skins with some of negative comments that appear to be without merit on my part.