View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:48 AM
newone757
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post Your Homescreens!!! (somewhat NSFW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I think it's one of those things people do for like a week because it looks "cool", but then they realize the functionality sucks and they go back to vanilla Android or Sense widgets.
How are simple shortcuts not functional?? Its not even copying the iphone, its just a simple grid with icons, which has been around since the beginning of desktops. Only thing iphone did was bring it to the mobile platform with decent looking icons.

bottom line, its simple and it works. I put my most used apps on my homescreen for one touch access. beyond that all i need is time/date (dont need weather i live in hawaii, where its the same every damn day, and dont use calendar on my mobile so theres really nothing else to put on it). besides, most widgets are butt ass ugly IMO, so i keep them on a screen to the left or right for quick access as well , thats the beauty of android, it can be pretty, but still have funtionality