View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 PM
blockhead428
Regular 'Geeker

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth View Post
SPB mobile shell is the UI on the TP2 well worth the added functionality. SPB will raise the standards of what you will expect from the EVO. Mobile shell is like Beryl or compiz on Ubuntu if you know anything about linux. Pm me for more on SPB mobile shell.

These are both the stock roms nothing special, and yes I probably have a few unnecessary processes running on the TP2, but I like the nexus background on the EVO so I use it. Whats the point of having it if I cant use it. The proof is in the pudding. The TP2 should have been crushed, but it was not. So much for the Richer experience sprint was gabbing about. I will keep the Evo for now to replace my n810, but not replace my TP2....yet. Maybe if Froyo does not disapoint

Dont hate me because I aint a brainwashed fan boy who will accept what ever is thrown at me. Just becuase you believe the add does not mean I have to. There are other performance issues that exist. Taking pictures with the phone results in a corrupted memory card every day. What use is a 720 cam if it only works sometimes?

"Often times it would take up to a minute for the controls to show up onscreen. And oddly, they can only be oriented to take pictures in landscape mode. And it’s far too many clicks to switch between the front and rear cameras (this is buried in the camera settings area). But all of that is somewhat excusable – what’s not is that more than half the time while trying to take a picture, I would get the message “Unable to save file to SD card due to insufficient file permissions.”" from the iphone users take on evo

Do not get me wrong as I like the phone, but there are better or just as good that already exist for cheaper. Hopefully Froyo fixes these problems, but for now it is a good try, but not good enough for me. Maybe you will be satisfyied with paying more for getting less.
What a Debbie Downer. The corrupted memory card is a fault on HTC's part. Who wants to keep a class 2 memory card anyway? I've got a Class 6 16GB waiting to go in. Why would you listen to what an iphone fanboy says anyway? If you love the iphone so much, go get one. But beware that you have until Monday to buy an unlimited plan with your new awesome iphone! And by awesome I mean exactly the same as every model crapple has ever put out http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/02/tech...t_iphone_ipad/.
This post has been thanked 1 times.