View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
edub186
PPCGeeks Regular

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
I don't think the Evo is for everybody, and certainly not for you OP. I don't think you spent enough time with the device to get to know what Android can really do.

It seems to me that your biggest gripe is that you can't get certain apps on Android. That is not the phone's fault...its the OS.

Furthermore, you never mentioned, so I'm assuming you never tried, all the other capabilities of the phone. How about the multi-tasking? Windows Mobile can't keep up. Simple as that. My TP2 will lag considerably when I run too many things. And how is that keyboard lag treating you on WinMo? Doubt you will notice it on the Evo. Apps, internet, etc open up so much faster compared to the TP2. I love my TP2, but the Evo is like a God send. I'm sure many of us have had problems with that phone either being too slow or because of WinMo.

Change is not always bad, you have to try to figure out what the phone and OS can actually do. This is not WinMo, and I would cry if it was. WinMo 6.5 is dead.

Like I said before, if you can't justify paying $40 more per month to switch plans to use this phone, then don't. Its your money. But to say the phone is not great due to some of the OS limitations is not a very good review.

In actuality, WinMo has more limitations than Android.

Agreed, this phone runs extremely well out the box, so just imagine when the devs get a hold to it.