View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
edub186
PPCGeeks Regular

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth View Post
Call Bluff is there I think. Tcpmp does not exist, no bt audio to route media audio to the bt headset. No TV apps period outside of Sprint tv. WinMo has about 250 channels. Mobi Tv, spb tv, the channer, My Player, and Sprint TV.

There is a Speed increase between the 2 phones, but not enough to floor me or anything. I will do a you tube on sprint tv and clock which one opens up faster. Youtube ripper on Android is terrible becuase it does not work. I like tlk radio, but there no way to listen to it on Android. Browser barely supports flash native or Skyfire. Winmo has Spb radio and I can listen to hundreds of tlk radio stations.

Instead of splitting audio and routing phone call audio to the Bt headset and Media volume to the speaker while on call Android forces them both through the BT headset, but once call ends media volume comes back out the speaker. Stupid.

Android does have its perks, but I am giving up a lot of stuff. I wish sprint had the HD2, and I would leave Android to grow up. Evo will end up being my back up or sold. This is my opinion. Everyone has there own expectations of the phone others may expect different things. I am not a fan boy so I wont just accept a honey dipped half way attempt at calling this the best phone ever.

I would look past a lot of things if I could hear my audio through my headset. I would also like to see some more tv and videos on this big screen. Bottom line the TP2 and the Evo are latteral movements. For me it is like going from making 54,000 to 60,000 dollars a year, but the 60,000 dollars comes with a 6,500 dollar mandatory tax. Point is I feel like I am getting less and paying more. I get a lot of eyecandy from the evo though.

I understand your case, but haven't you noticed most winmo user are switching over. That windows you are using now will be the same for the rest of its life. Winmo is changing after this year and android is pretty much the only open source phone out.

Yes winmo has some amazing apps, but once all the devs get a hold of the evo and start creating apps and making them better Roms, Winmo is done for.

I have been a Winmo user since the Motorola Q and nothing much has really changed besides the cosmetics, company put on it to look more appealing. So to compare this phone to a winmo phone that been out for some time and still give you problems with amazing roms from Mighty Mike, Energy and many more other devs its definitely a problem.

Winmo is like an NBA player who was dominant years ago but age has caught up to it and there is no room for improvement. There is nothing going for it from here on out.