View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin madden View Post
so i got the latest version of the "complete pack" from the first page and i put it onto my SD card. I run HaRET.exe and i get to this kind of boot up screen (looks like a command prompt) and it runs through until it gets an error of some sort and it tells me that i need to unzip "rootfs" into my SD card's root directory and then about 2 minutes later it moves down some more and it says that "......inactive (or something) for 120 seconds" and then it waits and does it again and again (the part about waiting 120 seconds)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin madden View Post
so does anybody know what i can do about my problem? i'm kinda stuck...
Had to go back a couple of pages to find your issue... should've quoted it That sound like the rootfs isn't named properly or something... did you update the package at all or just download the one file and unzip that to your card? You did say you're just using the complete package, but maybe you tried to update it and didn't rename the files? The rootfs should just be 'rootfs.img', the zImage should be just that - zImage w/o any file extension. Modules will have a bunch of letters & numbers after it, those are fine - leave 'em.

If you didn't update and you are just using the AIO format your SD card with the HP tool. Then try again with the AIO from this post, or you can also update it if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
Would have been just as easy to just post the link for him without the added degrading remarks.
Yea, and people can also search on their own... Took me 2 seconds. You could have just not posted at all, but you chose to.