View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 AM
vancomycin
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: purchasing new TP2 from Sprint(US) - any serial/revision to look for on phone or

Hey y'all again - thanks for the information. I got my TP2 finally today from Sprint - although I'm disappointed with my reception not only outside my apartment but within - the place where I hope to use the phone the most

I did a quick ##778# on the HTC TP2 and here was the info :
Preloaded with Windows Mobile 6.5
PRL ID : 60663
Software Version 2.04.651.4
Firmware Version 2.32.00WF
Hardware Version 0004
Refurbishment Date/Status : N/A
Manufacturers Date 17-APR-2010
Original Activation Date : 1-JUNE-2010

I called Sprint today hoping for some trouble shooting... they said the phone might be bad, and that I should return it for a new one. The bars near my area kept dropping before I even ended up getting inside.

It stays around 0-1 bar and switches from EV > 1X repeatedly, and most definitely stays at 1X when placing a call. This wasn't the case on the highway, and sprint navigation seemed to be working great.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do? I don't think the airave is out with 3G and Voice simultaneous support right?

I saw some talks here about the PRL - and how some have changed theirs to 60064, but it appears that it's not something that everyone does without some background working knowledge eh? I am very new to the game as I just got this phone and am new to Windows Mobile. I wanted to learn just the basics of using the phone 1st before diving right in - was there anything I or sprint can do to prevent this EV-1x and signal switching? Might be a silly question, but venting out a bit here. I just signed in for a 2 year contract and sucks that I might have to leave them if things don't work out...