View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
hey john, is that using htc messaging or using arcsoft? and is that with or without valkerie's mms fix. I know this is a htc messaging thread, but just wanted to make sure. thanks
I was running the Dec 18th NRG Dusk ROM & using HTC Messaging for everything (MMS/SMS etc)

Everybody complains how it is slow/laggy etc, but it always worked fine for me because I keep my inbox cleaned out regularly & I liked it.

A few weeks back right out of the blue (after running that ROM for 5 months) it stopped receiving MMS (& I get them all the time at work). It would send MMS just fine & SMS worked fine both ways, but when an MMS came in I would get a screen giving all the details etc but it refused to DL the image.

Since I really needed MMS for work, I tried every fix I could think of (imnuts arcsoft, valkerie fix, changing server settings etc etc etc), but absolutely nothing worked.

At that point, I said the hell with it & flashed the newest NRG 23563 ROM & after the VZ provisioning everything works perfectly. NRG's ROMs now have the HTC Messanging disabled but it does read from the messaging tab etc so it doesn't really matter (you don't have to use any of the old "work arounds")

John
This post has been thanked 1 times.