View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 08:22 PM
TheHoard
PPCGeeks Regular

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo recieves 9.5 out of 10.....

Pretty good review. Obviously his speech during the review was pre-written as it did sound pretty infomercial-esque, but at least he didn't play it down because it's not an iPhone. Man I can't wait!

I found it funny how much he talked about the red color on the back underneath the battery cover. It's cool yeah, but is it really that important? He made it sound like it was a major feature and a valid selling point. I could care less what color the back of the phone is because you can't see it unless your battery cover is off. It could be puke green for all I care.

I'm glad to see the mobile hotspot app is capable of WPA2 encryption. I don't feel comfortable sending any pertinent information over a wireless connection that isn't WPA2 encrypted. WPA packets are too easy to sniff out, if people know what they're doing. I've half thought about cancelling my cable internet and paying the $29.99 per month fee for the mobile hotspot and using that for my primary internet connection, since my monthly cable bill is $72 per month. I dunno though, I do a lot of torrenting, and I'd have to see what kind of speed I get in my house before I decide that.

I need to stop watching these reviews. Every one I see makes the 4th feel further and further away.

Last edited by TheHoard; 05-31-2010 at 08:24 PM.