View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Meanee
Regular 'Geeker

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need some unbiased responses on Evo 4G and next phone!

If you want entertainment, don't look at blackberries. Very bland, mean texting/emailing machine. Games are very limited.

This brings your choice down to iPhone and Evo (or another Android phone). In my opinion, iPhone is more of a gaming machine that happens to make calls. Android is a smartphone that happens to play games.

If you want "out of the box" experience, and don't mind staying within pre-programmed environment, iPhone is for you.

If you want something that is solid but still customizable, pick Android. Some people need to tweak few things on it before they get it up to their liking. Some don't.

In terms of entertainment, Apple leads the pack. But Android market is growing at insane speeds. I would be surprised if it won't be neck to neck with iPhone within a year from now. Games on iPhone are a bit more refined, but Android is getting there too.

In short, iPhone is a fully mature platform that does not have room to grow. Features added to it are more of a "catch up" features as of late. Android, however, does not have the "golden bird cage" feeling that I usually get from Apple products, has room to grow, and large community behind it.

My personal suggestion, get Android device. I am biased against Apple.

Disclaimer: I own iPod Touch, do some work for friends on their iPhones and own a MacBook. My exposure to Android was only from XDANDROID project and getting my hands on Hero in Sprint store.
This post has been thanked 2 times.