View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 PM
mclife
PPCGeeks Regular

mclife is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Completely unbiased review of the Evo 4G.

It was worth reading to me just to see how closed-minded fanboys can be. His gripes about the numbers on the top row of the keyboard being a negative?? And complaining about the large default clock widget that can be removed (duh its a widget). If you wanted your home screen to look like Apple's, you could tile it with program icons. Since when was having the choice a negative? Some people are so brainwashed by the Apple way, that they refuse to give anything different a chance.

That being said, I think some people in here are being too quick to defend some potential drawbacks to the EVO. If battery life is that bad (and I know we can't say until we have more reviews, or try it for ourselves), then that is surely a negative. I find it a major negative to have to carry a second battery around, or charge during the day. That's me.

Battery longevity varies greatly depending on how you manage your device. I am not surprised that an iPhone user gets horrible battery life on an Android device. They are trained to not think about background tasks, etc or having to "manage" their device.

I guess its good we have a choice. We can be dumb and let our phones be smart, or we can be smart and let our phones be a little dumber, but way more versatile. To every man his own. Can't wait for this phone to arrive!