View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
jbearamus
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lets see your speedtest results

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
Question about speed tests.

During these tests, what acts like a bottle neck? Is it the CPU or would it be the radio? I ask this because if you were to compare the Evo with any other phone on the same wi-fi network...the Evo would be still be faster is download and upload speeds.

So I was just wondering what factors into this. My guess would be the CPU but then again I thought the CPU would only matter in opening programs up and when surfing on 3G/4G.
the radio would be as illustrated by Bundo's tests. the 3G/4G connection will be slower than what the processor can handle which is why when you switch to wifi speeds go up, then that's when you see the processor bottleneck, the speeds i have below were on a Hero but connected to 15Mbps cable broadband, so you can actually see the ceiling when using high speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I'm on a weak 3G and getting 980 down and 527 up. When I switch to WiFi, I get about 6000 down and 3200 up. I think I saw 11,000 down on WiFi yesterday.
holy crap! that's quick, when I had the Hero on wifi it stopped at like 4 down and 1.5 up