View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
Still on MM Rom 2.10.10

I do use the Wi-Fi Internet Sharing but my question is I do use Wi-Fi at all unless I am using this to share out my connection to my PC which it turns on Wi-Fi automatically. So I use it when I need it. I noticed that all 3 of the WinXP machines show as a connection "MyCell" which I call it in the Wi-Fi Internet Sharing . My first thought is the phone is killing battery power by broadcasting IF I AM CORRECT. I am not using it and Wi-Fi is in the off position in Comm Manager why are other PC's picking up my phone? They cannot connect since sharing is off...

Can I stop if from wasting battery power by it doing this?

Even a soft-reset it still picks up even if I delete the connect out of the WinXP list of access points it will pickup my phone when it comes back on...
Not entirely sure the problem you're having, but i think what you're saying is...

You think you're PCs are all connecting to your phone's wifi even when you have it turned off on the phone.

I know I thether with wifi as my sole internet connection, so I told my laptop to save the network. Anytime I open my network and sharing, my network (KLIPTIK) is listed, and I can connect to it. This is because the wifi router creates an ad-hoc network, and not just a straight-up access point. So just cuz it's listed in the list of available networks, your phone is not necessarily broadcasting. If you still think your phone is broadcasting while the wifi is off in Comm Manager, try shutting your phone completely off and see if the PCs still see the connection.