View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 04:26 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slingplayer Mobile Running on EVO 4g!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I tend to think the opposite will be true. Going from WM to iPhone/iPod Touch requires you to pay the whole fee again because the app store is the sole means of distribution. Sling doesn't have the power to give free or discounted apps to certain individuals through Apple's model. I would think that they would also want to use Android's app store for distribution. Unless they were to make a separate apk available from their own site... possible, but seems unlikely since they'd need a separate copy protection mechanism.
I'm calling shenanigans on that crap! There is no reason why Slingmedia can't work to give you partial refunds after buying something from any of the app stores. They just don't want to, if you can only use one device at a time to watch the content, then why are they charging you full price for each type of device you have? For example, I have 2 EVOs (on the way), my wife has a Blackberry for work and we share an iPod touch. That's $120 freakin' dollars for the all the players that I would like, even know I can only use 1 of them at any time. In MY ideal world, lets say that I buy the iPod player first and provide them with proof of purchase, then buy the Android app (at full price) and send a letter to customer service, I should be able to at least get a refund of the price minus the commission that the App store skims off the top, AFTER slingmedia gets paid back from the APP store. So out of the $30 paid out of pocket price, I'd be happy with a $25 refund per device back, that's a saving of $80 in my example.

I'm just sick of the nickle and diming being done to us all the time, the actual fee for the mobile devices should be in the purchase of the slingbox itself, and a small administrative fee for each of the downloaded APP stores, maybe $5 a piece...