PPCGeeks Regular

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
@ boredandtatooed

"Battery: what, the one sprint is warning us that it consumes high amounts of power.. http://www.phonedog.com/2010/05/27/s...-that-battery/
read it.. wanna know how sprint tells you to save battery life?? turn off 4G, wifi, bluetooth, gps, send/recieve, hotspot, and live wallpaper..umm dont we use that stuff all the time though?? 4G aside...

4.3" screen: honestly, big freeeking deal.. its .5" bigger than other phones.. whatcha gonna do with that extra screen space, actually use your WHOLE finger to press instead of the tip or your nail..(you guys do know that you have to use your fingers right, theres not stylus here)

if people need to complain to feel better about paying, ok... if people need to rationalize the cost by comparing carrier rate plans, ok.. if people use the specs to rationalize the cost,ok...

but were all just lying to ourselves really..take 4G away(which you kind of have to since not alot of people get to use it)... and this phone isnt much different than several other phones already on the market.."

Thanks for the informative post.
I was thinking of switching to the EVO from my Diamond. I was getting tired of replacing my Diamond every few months due to hardware failures. And I was looking for something new.
But after reading your post, which seems spot on, I will most likely be keeping my Diamond and the 2 Back up Diamonds for a while, and put up with replacements, and downloading apps to the replacements.
Although if i need yet another replacement, Sprint may replace it with a similar device, of which there is none. I don't want the Pro2 because of the Keyboard.
Are you seriously considering sticking with the Diamond instead of getting the Evo?? I know the Evo isnt perfect but compared to the Diamond, come on. The screen size alone with worth it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.