View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 AM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Do you relized when you upload video to youtube it is compressed? I posted on your youtube that I've seen way better quality than what your video showed from a Evo 4G. I take the comment back on the keyboard deal, it's a nice feature but I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the physical one. Personal pref I guess.

Advanced Task Killer will take care of those memory issues on that phone or any Android Device at that. The question that keeps swirling in my head is how people still like the TP2 even with all the issues it has. Windows Mobile runs like junk unless you find a stripped ROM, or put massive amounts of tweaks on it. I feel I shouldn't have to deal with all that to have my phone working. Ever since I moved to 6.5 on my TP2 it has run choppy, lots of memory is eatin up...and there are hardly any apps worth getting. You may say different, but the feel and look of them is horrible.

I used the Evo, I may have a few concerns but the pros outweigh the cons at this moment...it offers alot more in the sense of functionality than the TP2 will anyday...

Apps are readly available, look cleaner...and function better.

I know your opinion on the TP2 and the Evo, but my opinion leans towards the Evo.
The last 3 hours of playing with the Evo have me leaning much more toward it than the TP2. The software is generally much better, and often has a link to a video user guide online. As with WM, there are some programs in the same genre that are better than others. For instance, I downloaded 2 programs that identify items from scanning it with the camera. One is called Goggles, and the other Shopper. In testing both, Goggles immedeiately identified my pack of Pall Malls, but Shopper never could. So a varying degree of quality between software titles is as with any other platform.

On the other hand, nothing has crashed the Evo, nor does it seem to be slowing down. This despite the fact I haven't killed any tasks (haven't got that far yet lol). If I'm like many of you, the discovery and adventure of a new phone is half the fun (or more). This one sure is fun. I welcome the flash back for the camera, but have yet to find an app that works it as a flashlight. I'm sure one is out there, or will be soon.

I agree that WM is junk. I wish the TP2 had been natively an Android phone. The only 3 things better about this hardware are the screen size, the camera flash, and the processor speed. That is, for daily use for me. I never hooked my TP2 up to a TV, and may never do this one either. But for emergency use, say watching TV when the cable is out, either one would work. I'll never see 4g where I live, so the choppiness would probably be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still value the fact it has 4g. I would rather have things I may never need than not. That why I miss more buttons and the IR port that the Mogul had. If only I could design a phone..........

The flip side of the coin, hardware wise, can't be overlooked either. The TP2 was a pretty nice form factor in many ways, but even as I decided to make compromises when I moved from the Mogul to the TP2, there will be some here too. But all-in-all, I'm leaning harder than a few hours ago to the Evo.

One thing folks will notice when they get theirs is that the screen is so big, and so touch sensitive, that using it one-handed (in portrait mode) is a little tough, because unless you have super-long thumbs, reaching accross to the opposite side of the screen means your thumb is fully extended, and some other part of your thumb, particularily the joint in the middle, can touch the screen where you aren't aiming for, sending it off in some other direction than you intended. It is HUGE in the hand when doing things on-screen one-handed.

Last edited by TheBundo; 05-28-2010 at 07:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.