bkrodgers
Regular 'Geeker

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Check my math: Cost to move from a TP2 to an Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
The point is if you give up your SERO it is gone. Period. Forget that. I have SERO500 and it could not be better for me, I work all day so I cannot talk til 7pm, tons of data and text. You would be an idiot to give up the plan, in fact I've had 2 Sprint reps tell me that!!

If anyone gets an EVO that is not covered by 4g, I think that is the dumb thing. What's the point without 4g? Android? We can already do that.

My phone does not run like garbage, I use NRG.. Most things are user error though...
No, you don't have to be an idiot to give it up. It's great that you like your TP2 still. Many of us are tired of it. Many of us want to be on a platform with a future. Many of us want to be on a platform that gets attention when sites like Pandora, MLB, etc go write mobile apps. Many of us are tired of (or never even started) flashing and tweaking and just want the phone to work well on its own. I'm not looking to start a debate with any of those statements. If you disagree and want to keep your TP2, that's fine. But I, and many others, are ready to leave the TP2 and WM6 behind at some point in 2010.

It's certainly going to be tough for me to pull the trigger and give up this plan, but I use my phone constantly and have never been all that happy with WM...I just didn't like the alternatives. Now I do. Sure, on the surface the plan has all the features I need, but Sprint has elected to phase it out by limiting what phones you can activate on it. That's their right. With that in mind, the plan no longer does have the features I need.

Now, the OP asked about the math. It's absolutely true, yes, you're going to pay roughly double every month to give up SERO for something else. It's up to each person to decide if that's worth it or not. There's no wrong answer, and nobody is an idiot for deciding that's what they want to do with their money.