View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Wesley762
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ COMING VERY SOON ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼The Quickest Manila Experien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
Been taking an interest in RAM usage lately and am a bit confused i guess...

I have 187mb available RAM on my BigMaxSenseROM

w/o Manila i have 104mb free
w/ Manila i have 77mb free (this quickly drops to 70)

well after a few hours of using i have 33mb free
mainly due to the fact i close nothing with the "x"....have about 7 or 8 things running in taskmanager...

BUT, MaxSense has no lag....none at all. i'm on my device testing as i type... i enable weather animations and as they are going across home screen i can slide panels without any hesitation. i go to all tabs and it just breezes through them.. really... its like the RAM consumption of manila is the same as conventional, but not affecting speed....Also take note that i have ALL MaxSense widgets enabled...all ** of them!! will reveal number soon

So with all that said... I'm thinking the RAM usage is either a thing of the past or overrated... Any thoughts?
as long as it run's smooth ram usage doesn't really matter, I normally sit around 75% to 80% on MightyROM FF and it still runs great, there are always going to be people that see these kinds of numbers and freak even though it runs great. Performance is subjective to the user, for Me as long as it runs good I don't care how much ram it uses.