Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
JustinNorthcutt
Lurker

JustinNorthcutt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
I put this on my phone as of 2 Feb and have been using just about every function that I can on the phone except IOTA (as I don't have the service in my current location). With the install I had zero problems. I did notice the 11% "hang/ pause" but the update installed without me having to do anything but sit and be patient. The whole process took about 12min.
The first thing that I did was let it install all the Sprint crap so that I would not miss an update. After that I did a hard reset 2x allowing the Sprint crap install both times. At this point I started to use the phone. I downloaded a copy of Google maps just to see if it would work. (using the WIFI option on the phone) On first start of the program I made sure that Google wasn't looking for an external device and then stepped outside. After about 5 min. I got a lock on 5 satellites and a normal error rate of about 5-10 feet.
Shortly after that I took a walk around (as far as the WIFI signal would let me) to make sure that it was tracking... it was and held true to the error rate.
After that I had the thought of getting a stand alone GPS program for the phone (d/l a copy here www.efficasoft.com) called GPS Utilities. This program gives you a little more options to see what the phone is doing. It worked flawlessly with the "auto search b/t GPS receiver" turned off and the com port set to 4 and 9600 buad. With this program I can get about 5-9 Sat's and an average error rate of about 4 feet.
The only complaint that I have about this ROM is that is can make the phone sluggish and unresponsive... which makes for a soft reset. (something at this point I can live with) Like I said I have tested about ALL of the features on this phone with this ROM and so far I think that it's 10x better than anything previous.
Also, as a test I rolled back to the 2.17 ROM just to make sure that I wouldn't void my warranty. the instructions in the thread are spot on as I was able to use the un-locker first and then run the 2.17 ROM update until... which I quickly updated back to 3.16. (again with no problems)
Coke-- GREAT find and post!!! Can't wait until this thing becomes final!

********EDIT********
I forgot to say what spec's I installed this from:
Win XP(sp2) laptop using the latest Active-sync.
Using PRL Ver. 60610 (same one that comes with the update).
I am currently using the Digital Roam for regular phone and SMS (no errors)
No problems with the USB connections (both OEM and the 2.5mm splitter)
More... as I remember them.
Ok, I'm giving in, and asking for some help. I've tried everything everyone on here and other sites have suggested. 3.16, no2chem/dcd/etc rom's, SPL2.4, IOTA_1128.cab, everything, and I can't get IOTA to work. Everything else works for me, but not IOTA. I've rolled back to 2.17 for now to get my data access working (it's why I wanted a PDA phone--to have remote exchange access), but I love the other ROM's for GPS and EVDO-A access and windows mobile 6.1, but just can't seem to get data working.

So, any ideas? I've gone through several of the step by steps, let it sit for a while, even tried to get Sprint to help. The only thing I haven't done is reset my password at Sprintpcs.com.

And sorry I'm asking newb things, but this is frustrating.